The doctor allowed me to be induced a week and a half early (God bless him!). I went in around 6 am, and they started the Pitocin (medicine for me to have contractions) around 7 am. I finally gave in and got my epidural around lunch. I was about 5 cm dilated at the time. My blood pressure dropped so they had to stop the medicine, and I basically stalled at 5 cm for the next 4 hours! BOO! The doctor told me the baby was going to be big for me, and he wasn't certain I could deliver naturally and may have to have a C-section. The only thing I would have been disappointed in was a C-section. I finally got to 10 cm around 6 pm. The doctor said he would have me try pushing, but was still uncertain about a natural delivery. I pushed for a little over an hour and at 7:09 pm we had a beautiful, healthy baby boy!! The doctor told me to push like I was back in Marine Corps bootcamp...haha! Everyone that was out in the hall heard him and laughed hysterically. :-) We are so happy we have a beautiful and healthy baby. Daddy did a good job holding mommy's hand and helping encourage her to push, but he couldn't count! Doctor told him to count and for me to push as hard as I could for 7 seconds then push a little more, but Daddy always stopped at 7 seconds. haha...
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Welcome to the world Lincoln!
The doctor allowed me to be induced a week and a half early (God bless him!). I went in around 6 am, and they started the Pitocin (medicine for me to have contractions) around 7 am. I finally gave in and got my epidural around lunch. I was about 5 cm dilated at the time. My blood pressure dropped so they had to stop the medicine, and I basically stalled at 5 cm for the next 4 hours! BOO! The doctor told me the baby was going to be big for me, and he wasn't certain I could deliver naturally and may have to have a C-section. The only thing I would have been disappointed in was a C-section. I finally got to 10 cm around 6 pm. The doctor said he would have me try pushing, but was still uncertain about a natural delivery. I pushed for a little over an hour and at 7:09 pm we had a beautiful, healthy baby boy!! The doctor told me to push like I was back in Marine Corps bootcamp...haha! Everyone that was out in the hall heard him and laughed hysterically. :-) We are so happy we have a beautiful and healthy baby. Daddy did a good job holding mommy's hand and helping encourage her to push, but he couldn't count! Doctor told him to count and for me to push as hard as I could for 7 seconds then push a little more, but Daddy always stopped at 7 seconds. haha...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are a beautiful family!
Post a Comment